Call for Nominations
Board applications are welcomed from November 15th through February 15th annually. Join us in the ABSNC mission to promote excellence in health care through rigorous accreditation processes. Directors serve three-year terms.
A minimum of 70% of directors shall be registered nurses who:
- Hold a Baccalaureate degree in nursing; advanced degree in nursing preferred
- Have a minimum of three years’ experience in certification
- Are supported by a sponsoring organization that maintains ABSNC-accredited status
Responsibilities of ABSNC Directors
- Participate in two in-person Board of Directors meetings. The meetings are held in conjunction with the ABNS spring and fall meetings on the day preceding ABNS activities. On occasion conference call meetings may be scheduled.
- Elect the President, Vice President, President- Elect, Secretary-Treasurer of the ABSNC.
- Review accreditation and re-accreditation applications.
- Make decisions regarding the governance and business of the organization
- Promote the success of the ABSNC.
ABSNC-accredited programs are required to sponsor representative Board members and support travel expenses for the in-person Board meetings. As needed the ABSNC may sponsor a portion of the expense.
Questions regarding the nomination process should be directed to the ABSNC office at email@example.com or (856) 642-4430.