Sandra Lee Schafer Scholarship
(August 11, 2021) Applications for the Sandra Lee Schafer Scholarship will be available online from September 1 until November 30. The scholarship honors the memory of Sandy Schafer, who was an enthusiastic advocate of nursing specialty certification and was a mentor to many in the nursing profession.
The scholarship will be awarded to two recipients. Each recipient will receive $1,000. These funds are intended to provide support for the ABNS registration fee and contribute toward the travel expenses related to participating in the Spring ABNS meeting.
The application is available at: https://www.nursingcertification.org/awards/scholarship.
Applicants are required to provide:
- Contact information and all professional credentials.
- Name of the applicant’s sponsoring organization and number of certificants credentialed by that organization.
- Explanation of anticipated financial support from the applicant’s sponsoring organization to attend the ABNS Spring meeting.
- Two professional references including contact information, organization, and number of years which the reference has known the applicant.
- A statement, maximum length of 500 words, of the value of ABNS to the applicant with reference to the vision, mission, and values of ABNS.
- An indication of the applicant’s willingness to participate in ABNS as an officer, board member, committee member or volunteer for ABNS projects.
The ABNS and the ABSNC look forward to receiving many applications.